Living in Northern California during 2010
My dog is asleep and I am thinking, before I taste my first cocktail, about what it now takes to be a northern californian these days. Excuse the brain farts but these points are not listed in any particular order:
1. Own a set of tall, all-weather boots that will tolerate a lot of B.S.
2. Cash helps.
3. Good friends without severe mental illness who perhaps have connections.
4. Four good tires.
5. At least three-quarters of a tank full of gas…
6. Pills that you can swallow without water that will help you with gas.
7. Faith and hope.
8. A valid driver’s license from any of the official 50 United States.
9. A good hair dresser.
10. A loyal domesticated animal. Dogs, cats, horses are best…
11. A polite and considerate neighbor or two.
12. Twelve disciples.
13. Some lucky charms.
14. Time to do what is right.
15. At least one good meal every day and plenty of liquids.
16. A prayer buddy or two or a few.
17. A reasonable law enforcement agency who answers the phone when you call. Recorded messages are not cool.
18. A decent newspaper to read each day. (very hard to find in ’10)
19. An elected representative that might answer your phone call, give a reasonable and direct written response, or offer to help out sometime soon.
20. A favorite sports team, TV show, or hobby.
21. Good luck.
c 2010 Max’s Scout Services, LLC – www.dadailey.us –