Men’s College Basketball Championship
2010 NCAA “March Madness” Resumes on Thursday
- Syracuse, New York’s Carrier Dome
- St. Louis Convocation Center
- Houston’s “NASA” Roundball Arena
- The Salt Palace in Utah
There already have been enough “upsets” to make up for a whole month of Sundays. Right now, my best friend Teddy and I are down to six men’s colleges (out of 16 originally suggested) to win this season’s championship to be staged in the Indianapolis Lucas Oil Drum Stadium April 3rd and 5th.
From the “sweet sixteen” challengers remaining, there are three scenarios that possibly could happen this coming weekend:
1. Imagine if all the favorites win and advance to The Final Four! That would pit the Syracuse Orangemen vs. Michigan State Spartans in one national semifinal and Kentucky’s Wildcats vs. Duke Blue Devils in the other game that coming Saturday.
Ideally, two #1 seeded teams – The Orange and Devils – would play for the title on Monday, April 5, 2010.
2. Take for instance that the breaks go the “wrong way” or there are a couple “upsets.” We figure that Hug’s West Virginia team would face Coach K’s Dukies in one semi and
3. March Madness, being what it is, could lead to a most intriguing Final Four including: The Red of Cornell (Ithaca, New York) vs. The Orange of Syracuse, New York, and Northern Iowa University of beautiful Cedar Falls up against the deamons, ghosts and saints of Duke.
Stay tuned to your local Columbia Broadcasting System station…