Another Monday Mourning around the NYSE
Dateline: North America
From the Stanford University Campus
Saturday, June 26, 2010; 2200 hours
Monday Mournings around the New York Stock Exchange
Last Friday, the DJIA closed at 10169 or so. Teddy & I predict that the market will go up and down this week (sort of like American 4th of July fireworks). It will go up but will fall down.
Despite the drop on Friday, 35 out of the 47 bio-med-pharm orgs went up that same day.>>> We Have A DOZEN SURE THINGS for this LAST WEEK OF JUNE 2010 in the biotech, medical device and pharmaceutical industries.
>>> W€ are suggesting another eight stocks in other industries. (BGP, ELN, MO, KFT, BID, LOW, HD, WAG;THC, HOLX, CPHD, HLS, AMMD, PRX, FRX, HRC, RHHBX, SNY, NVS) I suggest you buy you limit order now and sell Wednesday afternoon or Thursday. Take you profits and enjoy a great Independence Day.
Good idea? JP Morgan Chase has named a new CFO and Congress has passed some kind of helpful legislation. No bets please. Let’s just watch for awhile.
To us, it looks like selling off Ford, Daimler, Proctor & Gamble, Conoco Phillips, Chevron, Exxon-Mobil and British Petrol is where all the reinvestment funds will come from. You can always buy back the better oil companies later.
I bet more can comprehend what has happened to the Gulf! BP has lost $100B market value since the spill and is down more than 50 % already.
What is happening this week you wonder?
Try it one day at a time (as they say in my encounter group).
Monday, June 28, 2010
– San Mateo County, California’s Tesla Motors finally gets its IPO off the ground. This offering was delayed, in part, by a February private airplane tragedy in East Palo Alto.
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
– House set to vote on landmark financial legislation.
– Second quarter ends tomorrow.
– The second half ends for Spain soccer.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
– Germany holds a presidential election.
– The English soccer team could ruin the election.
Thursday, July1, 2010
– General Mills meets with investors.
– General Petaeus meets with US Senators fot the third
– Consequtive day.
Friday, July 2, 2010
– Payday for me!!!
– Quarterfinals of the World Cup soccer commence.
– Independence Day holiday begins early for some working stiffs.
– For musement only –