New Year’s Resolutions – Be Successful
“Eleven Secrets to Success”*
- How you think affects everything. Always try to be positive. Think of success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment. Recreate, modify, or change it into a healthy and productive environment
- Decide upon your true dreams, vision, and goals. Write down your specific goals and develop a plan with realistic objectives or steps to reach them.
- Take action. Goals are worth nothing without taking action. Do not be afraid to get started. No procrastination. Just do it in a timely manner.
- Never ever stop learning. Go back to school if you have to or read books. Get current training and improve or acquire new skills.
- Be persistent and work hard. Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.
- Learn to analyze details. Get all the facts, all the input information. Learn from mistakes, too.
- Focus your time and financial resources. Money might only be paper but time that passes by cannot be recovered. Do not let other people or things distract you.
- Do not be afraid to innovate. Go ahead and be different. Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.
- Deal and communicate with people effectively. No person is created to live isolated on an island. Learn how to understand, practice active listening, and motivate others.
- Be both honest and dependable. Take responsibility. Otherwise, acting on these ten ideas alone won’t matter.
- Good luck! It always helps to be in the right place at the right time.
Most of these ten traits can turn dreams and goals into reality.
* These appeared in the June 28, 2010 issue of Investor’s Business Daily newspaper.