OCCUPY The Tournament of Roses Parade Festival in PASADENA, Calif.
Hints For The OCCUPY “Festival Of Roses Parade” In PASADENA
Occupy Wall Street (OWS) will have a visible presence at the coming Tournament of Roses Parade along Pasadena, California’s Colorado Boulevard – in 2012 – held the day after New Year’s Day, on the same day prior to the annual Rose Bowl Football Game.
- Get there early. Beginning to camp out tonight or tomorrow is the best idea. Verify with the local authorities that that is OK with them – ensure that they will not ask that you come back some other day.
- Plan for fun. Dress up in bright color festive outfits that are not red or green (those are Wisconsin or Oregon colors). Avoid drinking alcohol or using controlled substances on the sidewalk camps lining the parade route.
- Keep up a positive business-minded attitude. Avoid making signs or other devices that would block others’ views of the parade that are standing behind you.
- Celebrate during the parade. Don’t be disruptive. Cheer rather than jeer as the parade passes by. Occupy Wall Street’s presence will be respected in this way.
- Check out the Norton Simon Museum. First get your parade viewing spot on the 28th, 29th, or 30th and then pay ten bucks (kids 18 and under are free) to look inside the museum at 411 West Colorado Blvd. This museum features works by Rodin, Van Gogh, and Rembrandt. You will recognize the museum building. It serves as the backdrop of TV parade scenes located across the street from the main grandstand viewing area.
- If you would rather not sleep on the boulevard, look into making reservations at the Langham Huntington Pasadena at 1401 South Oak Knoll Avenue. In South Pasadena are the Arroyo Vista Inn (for adults only) and the Bissell House (kid-friendly).
- Soup, salads, and good sandwiches can be bought near OWS across the Colorado Street Bridge at the Little Flower Candy Company, located at 1424 West Colorado Boulevard.
- Go to the Rose Bowl Game on January 2, 2012. It will feature the Pacific-12 Conference’s cute, green, Nike-overdressed, high-scoring Oregon Ducks (sister Sarah graduated from Eugene in 2005) and the bad, bad, red-and-white Badgers from the University of Wisconsin (my mother attended college in Madison, too). Watch out for the Ducks getting an early lead and QB Wilson of Wisconsin winning the game for the Big Ten during the second half.
Copyright 2011 –
Max’s Scout Services & Communications, LLC –
– Max’s Scout Services & Communications LLC –
[For Musement Only]