All Mic and No Ike – Weekend’s Sports Prognostications . . .
This is the first weekend of the fall season that includes professional golf (Saturday and Sunday rounds at CarAmel, Indiana’s Crooked Stick Golf Links will not be rained out), professional baseball, college football, and National Football League regular season games.
For whatever reason, pardon any confusion we have today about a team’s mascot… we are ramping up and in an early season learning mode, too.
Are you ready for some football?!?
How about taking the Oakland Athletics (-130) over the Seattle Mariners?
Don’t you believe that the gay (SF) Giants (-155) will win both games against the blue East Hollywood (LA) Hookers?
Ike likes the NY Yankees (-145) over the Baltimore Birds in their nest/stadium.
The Second City White Hose (230) shall tromp on the Kansas City Indian Chiefs or is it the Royals or Kings or Whatevers in Mo.
- Sorry, Bears’ fans: The Indianapolis Colts with #12 Luck will beat the spread all over Soldier Field.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish are back in the USA to win their 8th out of 9 previous games against Indiana state rival P.U. Boilermakers (+13.5).
- The University of Mass. Minutemen will be unable to handle the undefeated Indiana Hoosiers (-13.5) at home.
- Western Kentucky’s Hilltoppers shall beat the spread (+38 points) on the road versus #1 Alabama Crimson Tide. Actually, Mike and Ike rank both USC and Oklahoma higher than Alabama in our national poll.
- Speaking of Greek (Trojans are also Greeks who eat meat), Michigan State’s Spartans (-20) will handle the likes of the Central Michigan Chippawas.
Are you ready for more football?!?
- We’ll forecast road underdog Pittsburgh Steelers to defeat the newly reorganized Denver Broncos.
- Green Bay Packers (-4.5) may have their way with the San Francisco Forty Niners in Lambeau Field Wisconsin.
- New Orleans Saints (-7) shall kill the Washington D.C. Redskins in the ‘Nawlins Superdome.
It looks like a bad weekend for Indians, doesn’t it?
The Cowboys won their first game of the season already, too.
Pick ’em: Buffalo Bills at the New York Jets!
On Monday night, it looks like “home cooking.” Both home teams are slightly favored and are likely to win:
- Bengals at Ravens (-6.5)
- Chargers at the Oakland Raiders (-1.5)
Good luck and enjoy the games!
[ for musement only ]
Max’s Scout Services & Communications, LLC
copyright 2012 – Woodside, California U. S. A.