Daily Archives: October 24, 2012
Is this the week that all military academies win?
Will more than one team, now ranked 3rd, 4th, or 5th lose?
Can you imagine scoring more than five touchdowns and losing?
The two best money-making opportunities are:
- U of Arizona at U. Southern California (-8) – We like the fav.
- Duke U. at Florida State U. (-26) – You might think that with a such a large spread, they are playing basketball. We like the Devils who scored 33 in a football victory against No. Caroline.
There are two “high flying” high-scoring games:
1. Let’s hope the officials do not decide the game between Kansas State and Texas Tech.
2. Western Kentucky is a 7 point favorite on the road. Their opponent Florida International scored 37 points last week in a loss. WKU scored 42 and lost in overtime. We are going to stick with the Hilltoppers.
There are four high-profile matchups with Bowl Championship Series implications.
#4 Kansas State hosts the score-prone #17 Texas Tech. In 3 overtimes last Saturday the Red Raiders got 56 points. KSU scored 55 in just 4 quarters. We figure the home Wildcat team could spot Tech 6 points and still win their game.
The #3 Florida Gators play #11 Georgia Bulldogs in what is annually known as the country’s biggest cocktail party. Our money is on the 3.5 point favored Florida in Jacksonville.
Oklahoma shall rise from their current #7 ranking with a home victory over #5 Notre Dame. Eventhough the Sooners scored 52 points and the Irish scored only 17 last weekend, our green stuff remains with ND. We figure getting 9.5 points and the currently top 5 Fighting Irish is too good to pass up.
What a matchup! Even if the home team wins in Norman, our money breeds more money when Oaklahosma wins but fails to cover the point spread. ND defense is the key to this game and the Heisman Trophy race. Watch #5 in the white, blue, and gold and #15 in the red and white.
Where is the fourth BCS implications game, you ask? Keep reading below.
= = =
The Big Ten has a number of evenly matched teams playing:
- Michigan travels into Nebraska as a 1 point underdog. This essentially a pick-em game. The Cornhuskers have one of the best halfbacks in the nation and the Wolverines have a quarterback thatperhaps can play up to his potential. This will be fun to watch. Let’s see the real teams come to play. You pick which is witch.
- Ohio State is the underdog? Yep, the bookies handicapped the home Nittany Lions as a 2.5 favorite. OSU has been winning small in tight games all season and may reign over the party in not so Happy Valley Pennsylvania anymore without Pappy.
- Wisconsin takes on the conference pre-season favorite Michigan State. The winner will be awarded a Top 20 ranking; both are college drop-outs. We’ll stick with the Badgers in Madison and gladly give U and MSU 5.5 points.
- Another good match that has no Rose Bowl implications is Indiana vs. Ilinois. The home team Fighting Illini has to give away 1.5 points. Take the points Hoosiers. Too bad Indiana did not get another point and a half last weekend – if so, the final score would have been I.U. 31.5 – Navy 31.
= = = =
Many are just sitting around TV sets to see who is the first to beat #1 Alabama. The Tide is favored by 25!
Should #12 Mississippi State pull off an upset of the year in Tuscaloosa, they should be handed the national championship.
= = = =
How about Army, Navy, and Air Force???
Our challenge to you is to win a trifecta eventhough it is next to impossible that all service academies will win their games this week. Check this out:
Nevada Wolfpack (-2.5) at Air Force, Colorado Springs (on a cold Friday night)
Ball State University’s Cardinals (-3.5) @ Army, West Point
Navy (+4.0) @ East Caroline (watch out for the armada)
= = = =
p.s. Go Giants! Stomp on the Detroit Tigers in six games!!!!!!
= = = = = =
– Max’s Scout Services & Communications, LLC –
[ for musement only ]