“All Mic and No Ike” Take Up the Early Odds to Pick the Gridiron Ironclad Winner$, Te’o 3 to 2 Favorite to Win the Heisman Trophy, and Mary, Victoria, and John are set at 4 to 1 as Royal Baby Names
Dateline: December 5, 2012
Collegiate bowls kickoff in just ten days. Mic and Ike are ready to win payoff$ thanks to the Vegas odd$makers’ poor judgments.
The Duck-Irish match they were hoping for just ain’t happening. In fact, most games are mismatches.
Out of 35 college football bowl games, six happen on January 1. Upsets are looming on January 1, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Undefeated Notre Dame was selected as the oddsmakers’ underdog in the BCS Championship. Go figure…
The Fighting Irish, Bulldogs, Spartans, Aztecs, Wolverines, and Hilltoppers have become ripe picks. Here is what “All Mic and No Ike” are thinking:
- December 15: Arizona (-8) in the New Mexico Bowl versus the Nevada Wolfpack. The Famous Idaho Potato Bowl also takes place on this day.
- December 20: San Diego State (+2) cannot upset BYU in the Poinsettia Bowl at San Diego.
- Christmas Eve: Fresno State Bulldogs (-11) with a 9-3 record to win and cover over the Southern Methodist Mustangs (6-6) in the Hawai’i Bowl.
- Boxing Day: Western Kentucky (-6) look to go 8-5 in Detroit’s Little Caesar’s Pizza Bowl over Central Michigan (6-6). Don’t eat pizza out of a bowl, please.
- December 27: San Jose Spartans (-8) at 10-2 ought to win and cover in D.C.’s Military Bowl versus 8-4 Bowling Green. Later this evening, figure UCLA (+1) get whipped Baylor in San Diego’s Holiday Bowl.
- December 28: Figure 9-3 Rutgers (-1) winning against 6-6 Virginia Tech in the Russell Athletic Bowl taking place in Orlando.
- December 29: Mic likes the idea of the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium and West Virginia losing to Syracuse by more than 4 points. Later this evening at the Alamo Bowl, Ike picks Oregon State Beavers by greater than 2 points over Texas Longhorns.
- New Years Eve: How could 8-4 Vanderbilt (-6) lose the Nashville Music City Bowl against visiting 7-5 North Carolina State? The latest game kicks off at 7:30 EST in Atlanta. Two Tiger 10-2 teams, Clemson and LSU roar in Atlanta’s Chick-A-Fil Bowl – or is it Chick-Fil-A? Moo! Eat more tiger meat.
- 1-1-2013: The first upset of ’13 shall be in Tampa. Underdog 8-4 Michigan Wolverines (+5) take on 10-2 South Carolina Gamecocks (-5) in the Outback Steakhouse Bowl.
- Rose Bowl: Mic insists on 11-2 Stanford beating the 6 point spread against the 8-5 Wisconsin Badgers in the Granddaddy of the Bowls. He’ll be tuned in at 2 p.m. PST.
- Orange Bowl: Ike predicts the second upset of the oddsmakers will have 12-1 Northern Illinois (-13.5) making a game of it against 11-2 ACC favorite Florida State.
- January 4: In the Cotton Bowl, “All Mic and No Ike” like 10-2 Oklahoma’s (+4) chances versus 10-2 Texas A&M.
- 1-7-13, 8:30 p.m. EST in Miami Gardens: 12-0 Notre Dame should win the BCS Title over 12-1 Alabama. Alabama was favored by 9.5 points! Think of it as making $ome ea$y money. The Fighting Irish shall win their 13th game in 2013. Amen.
If you are looking for a good match up in any bowl game, you’ll have to wait until next year.
Good luck and enjoy the games!
= = = = =
Max’s Scout Services & Communications, LLC
[ for musement only ]