What now? Patience in trying to build a viable peaceful home in the city… The Failure of this type of “independent living.”
- Dailey Living Situation in EPA
- Unable to adjust sleeping cycle (sleeping hours shorter and shorter)
- Unable to have a service-assistant dog
- Unable to eat 4-6 times a day
- No, no, no, morning hot showers
- Not permitted kitchen/cooking privileges
- Too much snoring
- Too much Transactional Analysis as a child; Staff not acting adult; Parental Style does not explain reasons or rationale.
- No transportation offered and complaining when given ride from surgery as required by hospital and requested in-writing a week in-advance.
- Alleged fire safety violations blamed on particular resident.
- Not compensated for living in Room 2 with allergens and other hazards and asked/demanded to take responsibility and “set THE tone”
- No laundry or means to wear clean clothing
- Noisy neighbors and dangerous dogs
Lesser Causes for seeking another living arrangement:
Location, location, location…
No parking for the :Santa Maria”
Strange concept not working for self and others
Management is in-flexible with “rules”
No storage available
Added costs for clubs, incidentals, lunches. Sunshine, utilities, etc.
No laundry facilities
No emergency-contingency plan
No means of transportation
Her interpretation of “independent living” significantly different than mine!