Win Some and the Home Underdogs Lose Some
Air Force (the group bombing Syria is having a good weekend, too), the Chicago Bears, Washington, Iowa State, and thus far undefeated North Carolina State have a half a chance of beating the odds this weekend. Top ranked FSU may not score more than 18 1/2 points than the Wolfpack.
Conventional wisdom has the Packers 1.5 point favorites over the Bears in Soldier Field. Chicago’s offense has shown more success than Green Bay’s during the first three games of this season.
As for the rest of the NFL this weekend, Ike likes:
- Oakland +4 (under 41 total points) versus Miami in London.
- Buffalo +3.5 (under 41) at Houston.
- Indianapolis -7.5 (under 46) against Tennessee in Indy.
- Carolina +3.5 (under 40.5) in Baltimore.
- Detroit -1.5 (over 45) in the Jet’s stadium.
- Pittsburgh -6.5 (under 45) at Tampa Bay.
- San Diego -12.5 (over 45) hosting Jacksonville.
- San Francisco -2.5 (over 25) against Philadelphia in the first half only.
- Atlanta -3.5 (over 47) at Minnesota.
- New Orleans -3.5 (under 53.5) at Dallas.
- New England -2.5 (over 44) at Kansas City.
Bonus Pick: Penn State -9 at home versus Northwestern on Saturday, September 27, 2014. The Nittany Lions’ NCAA curse and post-season penalties have finally been lifted! Thank God!
= = = = =
copyright MMXIV –
Max’s Scout Services, LLC –
[ for musement only ]