Oh My, Menlo P. D.
A THREE MINUTE PRESENTATION BY D.A.D. TO THE COUNCIL
(The Dailey Sun-Chronicles ~ 12/15/2015 ~ MENLOUGH PARK, CALIFORNIA) –
David A. “Buck” Dailey attended the city council’s last meeting of the 2015 year and suggested that Menlo act more like a city or reincorporate into a town government. Councilmember and outgoing Mayor Charlene “Let them Eat Cake” Carlton was absent and California assemblymember candidate P. Ohtaki was late for this meeting.
Having not received a response from the contracted City Attorney Bill McClure nor any councilmember, on December 24, 2015, David filed citizen’s complaints against five (5) MPPD uniformed officers. There were separate incidents during November in downtown Menlo Park that are documented (MPPD Case # 15-3468 , # 15-3531 , # 15-3661).
On January 4, 2016, David filed three (3) stolen property reports based upon four events between September and December 2015. More data is being sought about the particulars of being without two cell phones and an unmatching set of luggage (Case # 16-27) taken from the victim either along Santa Cruz Avenue or from historic Fremont Park.
- D.A.D. has earned Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Manager (CM), and Registered Environmental Assessor (REA) designations with a M.S. in Public Health and Safety from Indiana University at Bloomington and received two post-graduate certificates from the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC). He supports activities of small business owners, Occupy San Francisco Peninsula, the Sequoia Union High School District, and has also practiced as a legislative advocate in three and as a paralegal in two states.
- On November 10, 2015, D.A.D. announced that he would run for the open U.S. Senate seat.
- On November 2, 2015, D.A.D. attended a community meeting about safety in unincorporated West Menlo Park which was held at Las Lomitas School in Atherton and arranged by City of Menlo Park Councilman Robert Mueller. It was attended by County of San Mateo Supervisor and former Sheriff Don Horsley, the City’s Chief of Police Robert Jonsen, and at least a dozen other City officials. No follow-up on neighbors’ concerns was given, promised, or arranged for a later date. It became apparent that these officials believe the annexation of county-administered lands are imminent; in reality, most county residents are against such action.
- In 1992, D.A.D. lost an U.S. congressional race [to Anna Eshoo who is still employed in the D. C. ~ giving away American jobs locally via visas and green-cards] and in 1994 he tried to obtain more votes than popular Stanford Law Professor Tom Campbell to work in Sacramento becoming a California State Senator for human rights and services. D.A.D. spent over seven years at Lockheed during the Cold War, about seven years after graduation from Indiana University at Bloomington.
- After service between 2003 and 2008 as a California Departments of Public Health and Health Services’ Health Facilities Evaluator, he was illegally terminated and narrowly lost his judicial appeal versus current California Attorney General Kamala Harris, who now insists on running into the United States Senate.
- D.A.D. is a Past President of the Sons of the American Revolution – Silicon Valley Chapter – State Director of the National Safety Management Society, former International Director of Communications for the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), Past President of three Toastmaster clubs, and officer of two Bay Area chapters of the ASSE.
- Buck Dailey is a publisher, author of books, screenplays, and web-blogs, Obama campaigner during the last two presidential races, comedian and humorist, sports and culinary critic, business administrator, and environmental, health, security, and safety engineer.
D.A.D.’s presentation focus was about better public transportation (SamTrans / Redi-Wheels paratransit / CalTrain) and local police work.
“In Chicago, Protect and Serve is on every police car. I see none of this in Menlo Park,” he stated.
“I was fortunate to buy my first house in unincorporated Menlo Park (in the Las Lomitas Elementary School District – still one of the five best in the entire State of California) in November, 1986.”
David implied that because of poor driving habits, lack of traffic controls and lighting, removal of SamTrans bus services, and a refusal of peace officers directing traffic, that the safety of pedestrians, bicyclists, and drivers is at-risk. Engineering and administrative methods by public works or police agencies would alleviate the traffic congestion during the morning commute, lunch-time period, and the long evening commute. Furthermore, the City of Menlo Park has done little to solve their own issues along Willow Road, Santa Cruz Avenue, Middlefield Road, and the El Camino Real.
The Menlo Park Police Department has a public persona that they focus on giving moving violation tickets and parking tickets; doing nothing to help ease traffic congestion. It was pointed out that for a SamTrans Route 296 bus rider to travel from Sequoia Station Redwood City through Menlo Park to either the Veterans Administration or East Palo Alto – it takes more than an hour – almost every Monday through Friday afternoon. SamTrans Routes ECR, 86, and 286 are also delayed.
= = = = =
FYI, his [D.A.D. 4 U.S. Senate] platform includes:
- Restore faith and confidence in federally-managed programs.
- Be reasonable with demands on government and quasi-government agencies.
- Reaffirm ‘States’ Rights’, with the exception of federal adjudication.
- Let county governments work on more important issues that biking. Fund their health care programs without the “middle-man” of state government administration costs.
- Get state police (i.e. California Highway Patrol) to focus on higher priorities than soccer-mom driving?
- Demand that local elected and appointed officials solve their internal problems.
- Protect consumer rights.
- Boycott free newspapers and their advertisers that do not practice ‘responsible journalism.’ Therefore, no fear-mongering, reduce sensationalism, write truthfully and factually, and promote good news.
- Find better means of energy consumption and public transportation.
- Restore regional public transit quality. For example, add Sam Trans/A-C Transit/VTA and improved Cal-Train and BART train and bus services to communities.
- Appropriate funds for employment and retraining of U.S. high school graduates, before offering more green-cards and work visas.
- Ensure proper Veterans Administration benefits, reeducation, and professional services.
- Reform the federal tax code and put space travel ‘on the backburner.’
- Determine an equitable immigration system that encourages the naturalization of citizens.
- Plan to improve education, for both public schools and private entities: A) at home, B) in schools, and C) during after-school activities [i.e. Menlo Park Lyceum]. Educate youth about the “Buddy System” for safety.
- Facilitate air quality boards, clean water agencies, and local zoning commissions revise improved public policies.
- Put an end to the “Yellow Dragon” Asian acquisition of the American land, treasures, and assets. Apply the Monroe Doctrine to fight Communism except for Cuban relations.
- Support elected officials (like the current efforts of California Senator Jerry Hill) who have represented the people (of the County of San Mateo) very well.
- Work with the office of United States Senator Dianne Feinstein before, during, and after 2016 congressional hearings discussing the dreaded houseless populations.
- Endorse that the Americas take issues in prayer to God, first. Then involve clergy, legislatures, social workers, courts, neighbors, and friends.
- Allow Christians to behave as Christians; more will appreciate learning about the life of Jesus Christ, Son of God and the B. V. M.
- Utilize ‘The Brothers’ for issue resolution and decrease stressors on the court systems.
- Elect not an ass but D. A. D. for United States Senator from Northern California in 2016 and support his sports writing at the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics.
- Make housing more affordable, safer, and livable!
copyright MMXVI – Max’s Scout Services & Communications of the Americas, LLC –
* * The Committee to Elect David Arthur Dailey for the United States Senate * *
County of San Mateo California / Monroe County in Southern Indiana / Cook County Illinois
Maui County Hawaii / Sarasota County Florida / Garfield, Eagle, and Pitkin Counties in Western Colorado
[ for musement only ]