Factors of Senior Health & Safety & Happiness Longevity
Factors of Senior Health . . .
Item #A – “Seniors”, for lack of a better term, have some commonalities:
- Set in own ways
- Know what they like.
- Some level of frustration with their loss of skills and physiological facilities:
Physical, psychological, cognitive thinking, and others
Item # B – Issues: What is real?
Is it time to embrace change?
Item # C – Solutions may be a combination of these eight dimensions of wellness ^ ^ ^ (courtesy of the I.U. School of Public Health).
“What is the greatest of these,” Jesus Christ might ask?
Item # D – Whatssup?
- Senior ingenuity,
- Veteran skills,
Item # E – Senior Ergonomics
Use of tools, techniques, resources, and cognition to make living tasks easier.
- Loss of hand strength >>> easy open bottles, cans, medicines
- Loss of teeth>>>> select recipes that can be easily chewed and digested; cut foods into smaller bites;
- Loss of mobility >>>> walkers, canes
- Loss of cognitive skills >>>> use of wisdom, experience, senior ingenuity
- Loss of taste>>> spices
- Loss of dexterity >>>> tools, methods
- Loss of sight >>> glasses, virtual reality goggles,
- Loss of hearing >>>> aids, signage, vibrations
– – –
copyright MMXVI – Max’s Scout Services and Communications of the Americas, LLC
Posted on September 12, 2016, in Food Glorious Food & Beverages, Humor, L O V E, movies and film, Music & The Arts, Science, Medicine, and Cancer Cures, Socioeconomics, Spirit, Sport and Recreation, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.