Daily Archives: November 11, 2018
|The healing power of laughter|
|by The Dailey Sun~Chronicles|
It is great for the mind, body, and spirit.
It may seem odd to find humor when facing a serious issue. Research with cancer patients have shown that laughter can help lift the spirit and connect with others.
Many benefits of laughter . . .
St. Augustine wrote “Serve the Lord with Laughter”
Humor heals the physical body, strengthens the spirits, and is great for mental health.
Laughter may help you feel better about yourself and the world around you. Laughing leads to physical changes in the body.
After laughing for just a few minutes, feeling better may last for hours.
Physiologically, laughing has multiple benefits:
1) Enhances oxygen intake.
2) Stimulates both the lungs and heart.
3) Relaxes the muscles throughout the body.
4) Triggers the release of endorphins, which are the body’s natural painkillers.
5) Eases digestion by soothing the stomach muscles.
6) Relieves pain.
7) Balances blood pressure.
8) Improves mental functions.
9) Enhances alertness.
10) Boosts creativity.
11) Improves memory.