Category Archives: Food Glorious Food & Beverages
Besides the upcoming movie trailers, the automobile industry came up with most of the best. Honda’s CRV’s talking yearbook and 84 Lumber’s immigration story were the most inspirational.
Kia’s ad with Melissa McCarthy scored big in USA Today’s annual meter. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ad-meter/super-bowl/2017/02/06/melissa-mccarthy-kia-ad-captures-2017-ad-meter-title/97540302/
“If that car is a Buick, my kid is Cam Newton,” remarks a parent as his child morphs into last year’s Super Bowl quarterback.
Avacados fr0m Mexico featured a member of a Secret Society streaming their activities during a meeting on his cell phone.
Busch beer placed a man disturbing nature while opening up his hissing beer can.
It’s a 10 Hair Care had over a dozen attention-getting styles flashing during their 30 second spot.
The Fabreze commercial reminded viewers to get the air freshioners set up for the rush-to-the-bathroom halftime break.
Skittles showed a young Romeo tossing candies through a second floor window not only to his love but members of her entire family.
This year, for once in the 51 year history of the Super Bowl, the game itself was the highlight of the day! Whether you like the Patriots or not, you have to admit that their comeback was the greatest comeback of all times.
St. Dan Louis’ Web-Blog from Estella Vista, West Texas (written by St. Danny in 2009) fyi: DLD passed away on 11-22-2016
My older brother had a thing about numerology, anniversaries (Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories, etc.), justice particularly for minors with a real rough childhood, and establishing a safe haven for those that could benefit from “getting away from it (rat races) all” where the southwest Texas desert air and mountains offer a respite that will last an improved lifetime.
If you have never red any of his writings, now is the time to also pray that Dan L. has no more time to spend in purgatory, which he believed was only a Catholic myth. Enjoy his style and messages often hidden within the paragraphs and diagrams:
HC-65, Box 243 A
Alpine, TX 79830
Factors of Senior Health . . .
Item #A – “Seniors”, for lack of a better term, have some commonalities:
- Set in own ways
- Know what they like.
- Some level of frustration with their loss of skills and physiological facilities:
Physical, psychological, cognitive thinking, and others
Item # B – Issues: What is real?
Is it time to embrace change?
Item # C – Solutions may be a combination of these eight dimensions of wellness ^ ^ ^ (courtesy of the I.U. School of Public Health).
“What is the greatest of these,” Jesus Christ might ask?
Item # D – Whatssup?
- Senior ingenuity,
- Veteran skills,
Item # E – Senior Ergonomics
Use of tools, techniques, resources, and cognition to make living tasks easier.
- Loss of hand strength >>> easy open bottles, cans, medicines
- Loss of teeth>>>> select recipes that can be easily chewed and digested; cut foods into smaller bites;
- Loss of mobility >>>> walkers, canes
- Loss of cognitive skills >>>> use of wisdom, experience, senior ingenuity
- Loss of taste>>> spices
- Loss of dexterity >>>> tools, methods
- Loss of sight >>> glasses, virtual reality goggles,
- Loss of hearing >>>> aids, signage, vibrations
– – –
copyright MMXVI – Max’s Scout Services and Communications of the Americas, LLC
GOLDEN GATE PARK, S.F. – April 20, 2016, 1200 hrs. PDT –
‘man, did you catch the buzz?!?
“… and sure, I try a rice crispy AND a bit of brownie.”
‘Dunt have pictures to prove it, but we were there in Sharon Meadow of Golden Gate Park; USA – 4:20 p.m. comes a little late in the sunny day, but you can light up at the same time, man.
With Dark Red Wine and Fresh Chuck Meat!
Check your refrigerator, wine cellar and pantry for the following ingredients:
- One bone-in arm chuck roast, a pricier cut of beef, or short ribs
- 2 T. of your favorite seasoning blend . . . thyme, sage, basil, tarragon, paprika, etc.
- 4 T. olive or safflower oil
- 3 c. mixed celery, carrots, leeks, shallots etc.
- Whole onions (however many you wish to eat)
- Potatoes (Yukon, Red, and Idaho Russet are our favorites)
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- Allspice if you’d like a taste of Greek food
- 1 c. canned tomato puree
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 t. peppercorns
- 1-1/2 c. beef stock
- ½ c. Port Wine
- 1 c. Merlot (you may use Cab, Syrah, or Pinot if you opened it within 3 days)
Set aside a large oven-tempered roasting pan, be it glass or metal. No china or plastics, please. It is best to choose a pan with a top cover particularly if there is not enough aluminum foil available in the kitchen..
Get a skillet over high heat and add several drops of oil. Brown the meat on both sides. This is important to contain the beef’s natural juices. Don’t use a top because you need to closely watch the searing process to avoid deep blackening. Add salt unless the seniors coming to dinner are on a low sodium diet. Remove meat from the frying pan when this beef searing operation is finished. Sauté the vegetables until glassy-looking, remove and reserve for later. Don’t overcook. Add the garlic, herbs, and spices to the pan, cooking until nicely colored. Add the wines and tomato. Reduce liquids by half at a boil. Add the beef stock. You might bring it almost to a boil so the bottom of the pan does not scorch or just throw it in the oven after taking the next step.
Add vegetables to pot. Add the meat back to the pan. The top of the roast should “crown” out of the braising liquid. Place a 5-inch square of foil or the pan’s cover over the exposed meat. Place the pan in a 325-degree oven and cook for 2 hours on a slow bake.
You may double this baking time if you wish; keep forking the roast once and awhile until it is at your desired level of tenderness. This step is optional: Remove meat and vegetables from pan. Place the baking pan on the stovetop, bring liquids to a simmer, and reduce by a third to thicken. Season and serve the gravy along side with the meat and vegetables. It is all gravy!
= = = = =
This is one of many recipes contained in David A. Dailey’s cookbook:
Confessions of an Oenophile – An American Family Cookbook
Available from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, and the publisher Outskirts Press
= = = = =
Reblogged on WordPress.com
National Football League Tries to Punish Patriot QB Thomas Brady from the University of Michigan Wolverines and A Grafted-United States District Court Judge Exhonerates the Cheaters
Colts fans want better, but the Steelers get to put the heat on Tom Brady tonight near Boston, Mass.
In addition to the opening game of the cheatin’ defending super bowl forty-niner winners (the alleged NFL-compliant New England Pats), there are nine better games to bet/wager * upon:
- Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) Steelers (not the penguins, Panthers, Pirates, or there other teams)
+ 7.5 and over 39.5 at the Old England Patriots tonight, Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Green Bay Packers (-14.5 and over 21.5) at Chicago’ Soldier Field versus the Bears on Sunday
- Any team playing the San Francisco 49ers this weekend
- The Oakland (not LA-LA) Raiders +20.5, and over 49.5) either on-the-road or at home in Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
- Texans Rangers (-8.5) in Houston versus the visiting bums
- Chicago Cubs (not the Chicago Bears, not the Chicago Black Hawks, and not the Chicago White Hose)
- Any team playing the Seattle Seahawks on-the-road this weekend
- Your Indianapolis (no longer in Baltimore, MD) Colts or Horses (-3.5; over 33.5 total points)
- Not the Cincinnati Bengals for 10 weeks out of 16 games this 2015-16 season
- Not the Chicago Bears (but the Cubbies) win this weekend
- Not the New Jersey Jets (prediction: Jets 7-9 this coming season; Dolphins make the playoffs from the East Division of the American Football Congress)
- Not the other teams who cheat (eg. Rams, Vikings, Patriots, team of referees/field and press box officials approved by Commissioner Pete Goodell, and Dallas Cowboys)
- Miami Dolphins (+16.5; over 29.5) and their great Dol-fans and Cheerleaders
- Your Denver Broncos (-8.5; over 38.5) playing most any NFL team this season (but the Baltimore-Indy Colts, Oakland-San Jose-Sacramento Raiders, Massachusetts Pats, or New Jersey Giants excepted)
* Note only $50.00 wagers accepted
Pls. use PayPal or UPS
Max’s Scout Services & Communications of the Americas, LLC
[ for musement only ]
Given my latest moonlighting schedule, I am enjoying a stop at I-HOP on my way to the bunkhouse between 3 and 4 a.m. PDT.
This Thursday, I met a delightful quartet of young adults (they just happened to be black: The lone male reminded me of Jimmy Walker of “Good Times” and one of the women also had family back home in Indiana). Our two tables were the only ones occupied and Patty gave us all terrific service.
Later today I have appointments with two psychiatrists. Imagine at least one of them will recommend therapy or some pill to rid myself of my newly acquired pancake addiction before dawn.
Is there PA meetings scheduled somewhere?
dateline: August 2015
The Punch Line
Garofalo brought her great east coast condo humor to the Pacific Coast this weekend. Her comedic experiences were highlighted during nightly ‘talks’ in San Francisco’s The Punch Line. She entertained six sold-out shows Thursday, Friday, and last Saturday.
Wish you were there…