Category Archives: movies and film
May Day 2018
No not for this author but for my ex- and only wif during my 64+ years.
The irony is I thought that Beatles song would mirror my own life (you know, … Vera, Chuck, and Dave) when I attained this age of mine despite using all kinds of recreational drugs (no H or smack) during my ‘formative years’ – when coincidently I met my wif during college days in the Big Ten Conference – and engaging for pay in some dangerous and unsafe activities (fyi, I became a safety engineer in 1979 – when coincidently I married my wife near Lake Michigan – we did not have issues until we arrived in the ‘land of milk and honey’ Northern California).
You would think I’d be mildly upset that my college honey decided to remarry an atheist, who lived next door between 1995 and 2007 – when coincidently I moved to Sonoma County wine country, alone.
Naw she could not understand how elated I was that she would be able to retire next week and not have to work in a preschool daycare center until she aged to 80 or so. My vows specifically stated ‘until death do y’all part’ and I had still felt responsibility for her health insurance premiums, mortgage payments, property taxes, raising our daughter, and the re-sale value on a $2 to $3,000,000.00 house in beautiful County of San Mateo.
Fortunately, the divorce proceedings she handled her self and but I hired a lawyer only to be shafted after we’d been separated for a year or so.
What I thought was my second love of my life, was lost because Susan was so honorable that we refrained from ‘hanky panky’ until my first divorce was finalized. The time was not right for us and I suffered a broken heart.
Today, I am thinking that I would not have incurred a broken heart if my ex-wif did not drag her feet meddling with the legal paperwork and dirty-dealing with my lawyer and the divorce court judge in his chambers, no less. Dear Susan and I could not wait… I recall breaking up on the Fourth of July, no less.
Like a cat falling, I always have tried to land on my feet after losing a relationship or changing jobs.
Death is a subject which I have researched. Taking a lesson from Kubler-Ross, I should be angry, then go through denial, and now begin to cry. So I am trying to cry today so my subconscious can, as my Mom would say, “David, get over it.”
I should just write it off that my ex-wif decided on “a marriage of convenience.”
Excuse me, I am going to take a nap.
Index of the Seven Essays in this Series
Psychoanalysis of DBD’s Life-Changing Event in 2018
Max’s Scout Services & Communications of the Americas
[ for musement only ]
Besides the upcoming movie trailers, the automobile industry came up with most of the best. Honda’s CRV’s talking yearbook and 84 Lumber’s immigration story were the most inspirational.
Kia’s ad with Melissa McCarthy scored big in USA Today’s annual meter. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ad-meter/super-bowl/2017/02/06/melissa-mccarthy-kia-ad-captures-2017-ad-meter-title/97540302/
“If that car is a Buick, my kid is Cam Newton,” remarks a parent as his child morphs into last year’s Super Bowl quarterback.
Avacados fr0m Mexico featured a member of a Secret Society streaming their activities during a meeting on his cell phone.
Busch beer placed a man disturbing nature while opening up his hissing beer can.
It’s a 10 Hair Care had over a dozen attention-getting styles flashing during their 30 second spot.
The Fabreze commercial reminded viewers to get the air freshioners set up for the rush-to-the-bathroom halftime break.
Skittles showed a young Romeo tossing candies through a second floor window not only to his love but members of her entire family.
This year, for once in the 51 year history of the Super Bowl, the game itself was the highlight of the day! Whether you like the Patriots or not, you have to admit that their comeback was the greatest comeback of all times.
St. Dan Louis’ Web-Blog from Estella Vista, West Texas (written by St. Danny in 2009) fyi: DLD passed away on 11-22-2016
My older brother had a thing about numerology, anniversaries (Kennedy assassination conspiracy theories, etc.), justice particularly for minors with a real rough childhood, and establishing a safe haven for those that could benefit from “getting away from it (rat races) all” where the southwest Texas desert air and mountains offer a respite that will last an improved lifetime.
If you have never red any of his writings, now is the time to also pray that Dan L. has no more time to spend in purgatory, which he believed was only a Catholic myth. Enjoy his style and messages often hidden within the paragraphs and diagrams:
HC-65, Box 243 A
Alpine, TX 79830
Factors of Senior Health . . .
Item #A – “Seniors”, for lack of a better term, have some commonalities:
- Set in own ways
- Know what they like.
- Some level of frustration with their loss of skills and physiological facilities:
Physical, psychological, cognitive thinking, and others
Item # B – Issues: What is real?
Is it time to embrace change?
Item # C – Solutions may be a combination of these eight dimensions of wellness ^ ^ ^ (courtesy of the I.U. School of Public Health).
“What is the greatest of these,” Jesus Christ might ask?
Item # D – Whatssup?
- Senior ingenuity,
- Veteran skills,
Item # E – Senior Ergonomics
Use of tools, techniques, resources, and cognition to make living tasks easier.
- Loss of hand strength >>> easy open bottles, cans, medicines
- Loss of teeth>>>> select recipes that can be easily chewed and digested; cut foods into smaller bites;
- Loss of mobility >>>> walkers, canes
- Loss of cognitive skills >>>> use of wisdom, experience, senior ingenuity
- Loss of taste>>> spices
- Loss of dexterity >>>> tools, methods
- Loss of sight >>> glasses, virtual reality goggles,
- Loss of hearing >>>> aids, signage, vibrations
– – –
copyright MMXVI – Max’s Scout Services and Communications of the Americas, LLC
Reblogged on WordPress.com
National Football League Tries to Punish Patriot QB Thomas Brady from the University of Michigan Wolverines and A Grafted-United States District Court Judge Exhonerates the Cheaters
Colts fans want better, but the Steelers get to put the heat on Tom Brady tonight near Boston, Mass.
In addition to the opening game of the cheatin’ defending super bowl forty-niner winners (the alleged NFL-compliant New England Pats), there are nine better games to bet/wager * upon:
- Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) Steelers (not the penguins, Panthers, Pirates, or there other teams)
+ 7.5 and over 39.5 at the Old England Patriots tonight, Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Green Bay Packers (-14.5 and over 21.5) at Chicago’ Soldier Field versus the Bears on Sunday
- Any team playing the San Francisco 49ers this weekend
- The Oakland (not LA-LA) Raiders +20.5, and over 49.5) either on-the-road or at home in Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
- Texans Rangers (-8.5) in Houston versus the visiting bums
- Chicago Cubs (not the Chicago Bears, not the Chicago Black Hawks, and not the Chicago White Hose)
- Any team playing the Seattle Seahawks on-the-road this weekend
- Your Indianapolis (no longer in Baltimore, MD) Colts or Horses (-3.5; over 33.5 total points)
- Not the Cincinnati Bengals for 10 weeks out of 16 games this 2015-16 season
- Not the Chicago Bears (but the Cubbies) win this weekend
- Not the New Jersey Jets (prediction: Jets 7-9 this coming season; Dolphins make the playoffs from the East Division of the American Football Congress)
- Not the other teams who cheat (eg. Rams, Vikings, Patriots, team of referees/field and press box officials approved by Commissioner Pete Goodell, and Dallas Cowboys)
- Miami Dolphins (+16.5; over 29.5) and their great Dol-fans and Cheerleaders
- Your Denver Broncos (-8.5; over 38.5) playing most any NFL team this season (but the Baltimore-Indy Colts, Oakland-San Jose-Sacramento Raiders, Massachusetts Pats, or New Jersey Giants excepted)
* Note only $50.00 wagers accepted
Pls. use PayPal or UPS
Max’s Scout Services & Communications of the Americas, LLC
[ for musement only ]
Robin Williams’ memory lives on…
Recite one of Robin’s jokes:
Watch one of Robin’s movies:
Say prayers and take action to prevent suicides in your community:
dateline: August 2015
The Punch Line
Garofalo brought her great east coast condo humor to the Pacific Coast this weekend. Her comedic experiences were highlighted during nightly ‘talks’ in San Francisco’s The Punch Line. She entertained six sold-out shows Thursday, Friday, and last Saturday.
Wish you were there…