The Greatest Commandment is the basis for all the other Bible passages about helping people. This leads to a very overarching definition of love. To love one another includes helping them when they are in-need.
St. Catherine of Siena (b. 1347) Known for her many acts of mercy
Taking Care of Others: Jesus directs us toward the broad reach of loving others and the divine judgments to come for those who do not. Loving one another is a primary commandment, and thus we would expect discipline when we are not actively following this commandment.
“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” (Matthew 25:34-46).
We need to help people God’s way and not allow them to just drift along in the ways of the world. Pray for the intercession of the Holy Spirit. We’ll act out of mercy, love, and helping in the best way.
At Caesarea, there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. (Acts 10:1-2).
Helping others is not about our abilities and strengths, but about God’s direction and empowerment through the in-dwelling of the Holy Spirit.
National Football League Tries to Punish Patriot QB Thomas Brady from the University of Michigan Wolverines and A Grafted-United States District Court Judge Exhonerates the Cheaters
Colts fans want better, but the Steelers get to put the heat on Tom Brady tonight near Boston, Mass.
In addition to the opening game of the cheatin’ defending super bowl forty-niner winners (the alleged NFL-compliant New England Pats), there are nine better games to bet/wager * upon:
- Pittsburgh (Pennsylvania) Steelers (not the penguins, Panthers, Pirates, or there other teams)
+ 7.5 and over 39.5 at the Old England Patriots tonight, Thursday, September 10, 2015
- Green Bay Packers (-14.5 and over 21.5) at Chicago’ Soldier Field versus the Bears on Sunday
- Any team playing the San Francisco 49ers this weekend
- The Oakland (not LA-LA) Raiders +20.5, and over 49.5) either on-the-road or at home in Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
- Texans Rangers (-8.5) in Houston versus the visiting bums
- Chicago Cubs (not the Chicago Bears, not the Chicago Black Hawks, and not the Chicago White Hose)
- Any team playing the Seattle Seahawks on-the-road this weekend
- Your Indianapolis (no longer in Baltimore, MD) Colts or Horses (-3.5; over 33.5 total points)
- Not the Cincinnati Bengals for 10 weeks out of 16 games this 2015-16 season
- Not the Chicago Bears (but the Cubbies) win this weekend
- Not the New Jersey Jets (prediction: Jets 7-9 this coming season; Dolphins make the playoffs from the East Division of the American Football Congress)
- Not the other teams who cheat (eg. Rams, Vikings, Patriots, team of referees/field and press box officials approved by Commissioner Pete Goodell, and Dallas Cowboys)
- Miami Dolphins (+16.5; over 29.5) and their great Dol-fans and Cheerleaders
- Your Denver Broncos (-8.5; over 38.5) playing most any NFL team this season (but the Baltimore-Indy Colts, Oakland-San Jose-Sacramento Raiders, Massachusetts Pats, or New Jersey Giants excepted)
* Note only $50.00 wagers accepted
Pls. use PayPal or UPS
Max’s Scout Services & Communications of the Americas, LLC
[ for musement only ]
Pre-Oscar Meal at Mel’s Diner, located in Reno, Nevada (Tomorrow! Sunday Night, February 22, 2015) “Barnum and Dailey presents…”
As it may turn out, Reno may be the hot ticket location before the Oscar Award Show and all the red carpet E! interviews in real-time this Sunday from Hollywood.
Come check out all the celebrities in Northern Nevada – like the service and hostess staff at Mel’s.
Come early, stay late, casual attire will be OK 2, eat it all, and better leave a big tip…
D. A. D. Publishing & Associates
[ for musement only ]
Ultimatum in Northern Silicon Valley — A Final Solution / Exit Plan / Happy Ending — to Movie Script “Country Corner: Germ Warfare” for the ‘Kathy Bates’ and ‘Debra Winger’ Characters
Circa 2008 through 2015
THE HUNGER STRIKE CONTINUES
[Wednesday, February 4, 2015]
Prior to the release of:
- “Country Corner Market & Deli vs. Silly-Con Valley” (copyright 2001)
- “Country Corner: Germ Warfare” (copyright 2010) and
- “Country Corner: 2020 – A Spaced Odyssey” (copyright 2015)
These female characters should sell their real estate that is within 100 yards (the length of most of a football or soccer field) of the Country Corner Market & Deli of West Menlo Park, Northern California (southern San Mateo County) by the beginning of Stanford Universities and the University of Michigan Wolverines’ football seasons or ELSE . . .
The screenwriters’ hunger strike began today (Saturday, January 24, 2015) before 7:15 a.m. PST.
In addition, the screenwriter will never set foot in this store ever again, unless . . .
Therefore, these two busyiness-meddling, “sexy”, gossiping, perhaps overweight, whatever-else, duh, post-menopausal women MUST sell-out AND leave this fine community that has probably the best deli, best wine selection, best three owners, best family-oriented business, best weather, best busy traffic, and best customers in the (North, South, and Central) Americas.
Failure to do so will result in guilt, anguish, anxiety, danger, and many negative consequences (that largely will be self-inflicted). Yes, you ‘Kathy Bates’.
And yes, you ‘Debra Winger’ character model; mother to the screenwriter’s only child; real-life icon to pre-schoolers.
= = = =
– Max’s Scout Services & Communications of The Americas, LLC –
[ for musement only ]
D. A. D. Publishing & Associates (of Bloomington, Southern Indiana and Glentucky Springs, Western Colorado)
A screenplay, “Fast Forward to the Past” could use actresses and male actors for this full length movie. The ideal actors would be too costly for the production on a college campus in the Big 14.
Please comment if interested*. First casting call. Take a look at the many roles:
List of Characters
Character’s names / Ideal Actress or Actor to Play the Part:
EVE / EVA, Newest dormitory friend of Bunny and Maggie / Michelle Williams or Kristen Stewart, or Brie Larsen
BABE, “townie” [home town; non-student] woman with multiple personalities / Emma Stone .
BERNADETTE / BUNNY, Maggie’s best friend in college / Scarlett Johansson OR Charlize Theron’
MARGARET MAY / MAGGIE, Bunny’s best friend in college/ Rose Rollins, Amber Riley, Monique Coleman, Jamie Lee Kirchner, or Erica Hubbard
JACKSON / JACKO, Latino student who befriends the co-eds / James Franco
EBONY, Hometown college-aged girl not in college / Ellen Page / Kristin Weig, or Victoria Jackson, or Kaye Scodelario
ZEKE, driver who appears repeatedly throughout the story offering the students a ride in a classic car of that time period / Jay Pharaoh or S. Meadows
QUEEG, undiagnosed “lunatic” “townie”who may have a dependency disorder / Johnny Depp or Ryan Gosling
RALPHIE, man living in town with Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome / Kevin Kline (I.U. grad)
PENELOPE, young aspiring scientist on sabbatical with panic attacks / Jeaneane Garofalo or Catherine O’Hara
DOCTOR DEAN, University Dean of Students / Robert DiNiro or Bob Newhart
GUY, man living in town with obsessive-compulsive disorder / Matt Damon or Mark Wahlberg
XAVIER, Asian man who lives in town / Jon Lee Brody or Parry Shen
HOAGY CARMICHAEL, Infamous musician and composer who was born in Bloomington and received both a bachelor’s and law degree from I.U. / Billy Joel .
DOCTOR KINSEY, Alfred Kinsey / Christopher Walken .
JAMES A. WOODBURN, Professor of Philosophy / Dustin Hoffman .
DOLLY, mental health care worker / Lisa Lapinelli or Rita Rudner
DICK, 1960s protester: 1970s sheriff / Steve Buschemi
DELILA, Woman of the Roaring 20s / Elizabeth Shue or Jane Pauley (I.U. grad)
TOOTSIE, Women of the 1890s / Susan Sarandon or Kim Basinger
GRETCHEN and VANESSA, Women of the 1920s / Cameron Diaz and Uma Thurmann
BUTCH / Danny DeVito or Joe Pesci
BUD / Joe Pesci or Danny DeVito
PHYLLIS and FEEDUS, cocktail waitresses at local bars / Rea Pearlman and Tracy Ullman
GERALDINE, woman of the 1980s / Penelope Cruz or Marisa Tomei
= = = = =
David A. Dailey Publishing & Associates
and Max’s Scout Services & Communications, LLC
[for amusement only]
* p.s. Upon request, the script could be e-mailed should you send your resume and portrait photographs. Thank you for your consideration. firstname.lastname@example.org