David A. Dailey cell (650) 474-9427
9220 Last Horse Lane email@example.com
Heltonville, Indiana 47436-9639 firstname.lastname@example.org
- David has managed or consulted in both private and public sectors with line and top management concerning operations, work procedures, training, customer service programs, quality of documentation, marketing, risk management, and public relations.
- He has authored technical articles and publications, non-fiction books, corporate policies and procedures, reviews, public relations information and press releases, web blog, and management and adult worker training.
SKILLS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Designed and customized training and corporate policies and procedures.
- Authored publications and upgraded programs to exceed regulatory and contractual requirements, improve management controls, facilitate the user interface, and generate measurable results.
- Wrote descriptive product information for end users.
- Produced quick reference cards, educational newsletters, signs, labels, procedures, and policies.
- Planned and collaborated with others. Achieved consensus on many issues. Solicited and won the participation of employees at all levels and portions of the organization.
- Implemented protocols for increasing the efficacy of committees, focus and working groups.
- Coordinated department tasks in a 27,000-employee company. Managed multiple projects.
- Budgeted plans and directed implementation in healthcare, sole proprietorship, and biotech organizations. Completed tasks within budget.
- Interfaced successfully with customers, engineers, administrative staff, and other professionals.
- Protected assets, reduced associated costs, and generated appreciable improvements.
- Trained employees in important technical information. Mentored others.
- Evaluated quality performance and helped to re-engineer products, personnel, systems, procedures, processes, facilities, and services. Analyst of business tools facilitating efficiency.
- Applied product life-cycle systems engineering principles in the public and private sectors.
- Organized data. Participated in research and marketing.
- Identified areas of business concern and defined effective alternatives.
RELEVANT EDUCATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
University of California, Santa Cruz– Certificate in Technical Communication & Writing
University of California, Santa Cruz– Extension Certificate in Environmental Management
Indiana University, Bloomington- MS in Health Education and Safety Management
Indiana University , Bloomington– BA in Arts and Sciences
Writer/Trainer/Publisher/Consultant – Max’s Scout Services & Communications, LLC – 1992-current
Health Facilities Evaluator –California Department of Public Health 2003-2004 and 2005-2008
Risk Manager and Trainer –Chinese Hospital – San Francisco 2004
Technical Writer – KLA-Tencor –San Jose, California 2000-2003
Technical Documentation Intern – Oracle –Redwood Shores,California 1999
Safety & Environmental Protection Director – Athena Neurosciences, South S.F. 1994-95
Safety and Security Coordinator –University of California San Francisco Medical Center 1992-93
Environmental, Health & Safety/Quality Engineer – Lockheed-Martin Aerospace –Sunnyvale 1985-1992
Risk Management Consultant – Insurance Broker and Companies – Chicago and California 1979-1985
Advanced Toastmaster-Gold (2002) – Toastmasters International
Certified Manager (1987, 1992, 1997) – Institute of Certified Professional Managers
Competent Leader (1997, 2002) – Toastmasters International
Ethics Certificate (1998) –CaliforniaStateLegislature
Registered Environmental Assessor (1997) -CaliforniaEPA
Certified Safety Professional (1985) – Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Associate Safety Professional (1984) – Board of Certified Safety Professionals
Competent Toastmaster (1985, 1996, 2002) – Toastmasters International
Outstanding Citizenship Medal (2007) –Silicon ValleyChapter, Sons of the American Revolution
Silver Good Citizenship Medal (2001) –Silicon ValleyChapter, Sons of the American Revolution
Phi Chi Theta business fraternity (1996) – Honorary Member of Western Region
Significant Peer Action Recognition “SPARC Award” (1991) NASA Ames Research Center
Area Toastmaster of the Year (1988) – Lockheed,Sunnyvale
Emerging Professional of the Year (1988) – ASSE,San Francisco
Lessons Learned From Dogs – 2011
“Germ Warfare” – 2010
“Country Corner” – 2009
A Tail of Two Cities: Teddy and Toby’s American Summer Adventures – 2008
Confessions of an Oenophile: An American Family Cookbook – 2007
International Division (quarterly) Newsletter, ASSE – 1997 to 1998
“Isn’t of Costa Rica?” Professional Safety, pg. 43-44, January 1994
Region I Newsletter (California Quarterly), ASSE, Volume I-IV, 1987 to 1990
“Motivating Effective Committees”, Professional Safety, pg. 17-23, December 1986
“Four Point Program Can Achieve SuperiorBottom-Line Results”, Business Insurance, pg. 29, July ’83
MAJOR LEADERSHIP OFFICES HELD
Area C-3 Governor, Toastmasters (TM)
President, TM Club 1372-4, 7168-4, or 1913-4, – 6 terms
President, Silicon Valley Chapter, CASSAR
State Director, Educational & Public Affairs, National Safety Management Society
International Division Communications Director, American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE)
Vice President and Treasurer, Greater San Jose Region and San Francisco Chapters, ASSE
Vice President of Public Relations, Region I (Calif.), ASSE
Please pass along job leads to email@example.com
or check into his web-blog at www.maxsscoutservicesllc/wordpress.com