Removing the Stigma of Mental Health Care (6th in a Series, “Things Can Get Better”)
After seeing the out-takes on “Silver Linings Playbook,” I appreciated the movie more-so.
It is great when Hollywood makes original movies.
Central to at least three characters’ development was mental health.
There were two endings shot.
The one which aired in theatres was simple, “soupier” yet wonderfully joyful – whereas two who had received mental health care fell deeply in love. This was also the end result of the alternative ending.
Moreover, the second ending demonstrated
(1) Compassion toward young adults with phobias,
(2) How much the central character learned about a positive approach and how far he improved,
(3) Understanding and patience toward others,
(4) A great sense of humor, and
(5) How “normal” mental illness diagnoses are.
Max’s Scout Services & Communications of the Americas, LLC